Social Icons

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Them Days in primary school( the letter of love)

                           (dedicated to all pupils and students in Rukuini)
Every time I rewind my mind when relaxed, I mostly revolve around my primary school life (you can call it elementary if you want). Full of adventures from going swimming during class hours, hardening head to a teacher (who one thought you can beat up despite our size) drawing toons and branding them someone's name and all kind of mischievousness. Maybe when you're reading here you remember something of sort. especially if you learnt in somehow reserved school.
I went through several schools, but the most memorable is Rukuini primary school in Burnt Forest area, Rift valley province Kenya. the life was uncontrolled there. Everybody did what they thought was right. We wrote letters to our girlfriends, using "haranguing" and "fabulasticaliously beatifulyer " which we thought wooed the girls at that moment. And miraculously they did love us. They too did the same and we loved them. All those days seemed not to end, and I really miss them.
Sometimes one person was talented in writing this letters which made people flood him with gifts of mahindi choma(roasted maize), ubuange(or kaboru. its fried maize flour) and mifefe (maize stalks which we believed were sugar-cane.). And not forgetting Jussy cola. If you remember this you must be laughing. If you're not you must be sick.
This, however happened to those in rural schools mostly. Like our Rukuini.
Recently i was going through my primary books as old as 10 years old and found five letters, two of which I had written to a girl and three belonging to a long lost friend. Letter writing is the part that intrigued me most. It is in Swahili and English and Kikuyu and Kikalenjin. This is what we called "Sheng"  which by that time we did not know because it was spokken in the Urbanite.

                                                    
TIP 
      TOP 
             IT TO:
                                    OPEN WITH A KEY
                                       AND A SMILE

VRUUUUUUU, PAPA, PAA!!     KUF-DEAD! NI~NDAKUA!!

Kwa Mpenzi Kuku Ndogo......
Kwaja ni salamu nyingi muno kama muchanga baharini. Mbili i want you to know umefendwa naimimi kama shai kwa kikombe ya kauro. I heart ache and headache is knowing your flabbergasting lovely eyes are not seeing me mara iyo iyo. I have no living and eating not very best these days without seeing you in the class when teasher is teashing and me i laugh for you and you laugh to me and teasher does not know what he smells a rat for our rove.
My sugarcane, i see you on water when i bath my face morning and naogopa..because i dont want to interfere beattifuler face of you. The harnguing part is me sing'amui wala kukamua mlimbo mlimbo because you dont want me to go kududuf in Ndunguru river and you.
I love you like sukuma wiki when i see you i shake like a chameleon of a feeble tree. 
I dont want to leave you alone when i go duduf. I will be bringing you Kaboru every day and jussy cora every afternoon till death do us part. 
bye bye My lovery dove in its gitara and in kiswahili i leave a proverb.:

CHALEBISHO NGAHEWA NA NGAWEHUZI HAWAKUFARAGANISHA MRIMBO MRIBO WARIPOKULI KUNTU KUNDULE KUWA UPEPO  HUFUATA FENDERA.

bye bey baibeee babe babes babby babs bibs
sinicerely
   hanton greywolf

I am laughing myself when i copy this letter from the paper. This letter earned me my first Girlfriend, Josephine. And I know she is viewing this post!!!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger